Last Updated: February 10, 2020
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE FOR CATAPULT CONNECT CLIENTS
The website is owned and operated by DIVERSE NETWORK ASSOCIATES, INC. a California corporation D/B/A “Catapult K12” (“CATAPULT”).
Personal information of all Users and Recipients is important to CATAPULT. CATAPULT takes the responsibility of having User’s and Recipient’s personal information very seriously. CATAPULT will only use personal information of Users and Recipients for providing the PRODUCT and as described herein. By using the PRODUCT, each User consents to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy. By not choosing to opt out of receiving communications from the User of the PRODUCT, each Recipient consents to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy.
If we make significant changes impacting the collection, use, disclosure or retention of personal identifiable information, we will also provide notice to our clients (30) days in advance of implementing those changes by sending an email to the client agency/institution.
PART 1: CATAPULT MAY COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
CATAPULT may collect and process the following information about each User:
- basic data on each User’s name, email, address, phone numbers, gender, zip code or county;
- access and log in data connected to accessing the Site;
- tracking inquiries and other data related to a User’s account;
- summarizing and keeping details of transactions of each User;
- keeping records of communications made by Users on the Site;
- information related to User IP and other access data or general geo-location and/or other data; and
- all other data and analytics for Users’ use of the Site and Services of every nature and kind as relayed to us from Users on this Service.
PART 2: CATAPULT USE OF PERSONAL DATA
CATAPULT may use personal information provided by, or gathered on Users and Recipients as follows:
- to provide secured access to the Site, such as to identify a User when accessing the Website;
- to enable Users to use the Services of CATAPULT;
- to send emails, newsletters, text messages, phone calls, and other communications or forms of communications, as defined in the Terms & Conditions of Use;
- to develop statistics for internal purposes, showing patterns of User activity and all other forms of User analytics;
- to consider and critique the Services by seeking feedback from Users;
- to enable communications between Users;
- for general troubleshooting; and,
PART 3: DISCLOSURE BY USER
Any personal information or content that Users voluntarily disclose in public areas of the Site becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
PART 4: COOKIES AND POP-UP ADS
CATAPULT reserves the right to send Users various sources and forms of notices, push-notices, “cookies” or pop-up tiles on or through the Site. These forms of communications may track User information, which may be used by CATAPULT in a number of ways to improve User experience, but will not push advertisements to Users. CATAPULT reserves the right to use the tracking and other data gained from these processes. Users have the right to disable many of these pop-ups and instructions.
PART 5: THIRD PARTIES
CATAPULT will never sell, rent, or exchange Personal Information we collect for marketing purposes or otherwise.
We may share information with third party vendors, hosting partners, and analytic companies to provide the necessary hardware, software, emailing, networking, storage, and related technology required to perform the Services. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
PART 6: LEGALLY REQUIRED AND OTHER DISCLOSURES
CATAPULT reserves the right to disclose User’s and Recipient’s personally identifiable information as required by law and when CATAPULT believes that disclosure is necessary to protect its rights, or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with the law. CATAPULT may disclose User or Recipient information upon court order or on receipt of a subpoena.
PART 7: GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Users are responsible to keep their information up to date and current. To modify or delete the personal information you provided, Users may log in and update their profile.
- CATAPULT may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes but has no legal obligation to maintain records for any minimum period of time except as provided by law.
- On 30 days written request, CATAPULT will provide a copy of all the personal information about a User or Recipient that CATAPULT holds. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law. Fee may be charged if CATAPULT is requested to present the content in a manner that is outside of our standard reporting format.
- All Users must be over the age of 18. Recipient information is acquired via the Client’s Student Information System. Accuracy of this information is the responsibility of the Client.
- Venue and applicable law shall be as provided in the Terms & Conditions of Use, incorporated by this reference for all purposes.
PART 8: CHANGE OF BUSINESS
PART 9: DATA BREACH PRACTICES
If CATAPULT knows of a systems security breach by an unauthorized party or that any User or Recipient data was used for an unauthorized purpose, we will comply with relevant state and other data breach laws. We will notify our client agency/institution of any breach resulting in unauthorized release of data electronically, at minimum, and without unreasonable delay, so that Client can take appropriate steps.
PART 10: CONTACT US
Attn: Privacy Director
5098 Foothills Blvd., Ste 3-396, Roseville, CA 95747